Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bathroom Makeover


Our house has one full bath and one half-bath. The upstairs full bath was in dire need of a paint job. The old paint made it look tiny, and it is a small bathroom to begin with. It wasn't cutting it for me. This was our upstairs bathroom before we painted it: 
Old, dark green and light yellow paint with dingy off white trim gave the bathroom a very dated feel.
We switched out the paint for a light blue on the top and a crisp white on the bottom half plus the rest of the trim. Eventually we are planning on switching out all of the fixtures so they match and putting in a different shade. Here's the after:
 Much lighter, brighter and it feels a lot more open. I had two photos from one of my trips to visit Santa Rosa Beach, FL and hung them in the bath to give it a little beach flair. The photographer is John Hollan Photography. My next project is either the guest room or the foyer/upstairs hallway, I'm not sure which one yet but I'll be sure to post before and after photo's!
-Kaitlin

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy I found this blog it has so many great tips and I WILL BE MAKING that awesome mirror tonight!
    Thank you for your help :)
    xox
    Ash
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete