Friday, June 15, 2012

Picnic Table Painting

Well! It has been quite the eventful month! After writing the last post, we attempted to go to the closing, only to be told that there was a slight glitch and they had to postpone. We ended up closing the next day, which wasn't a huge deal, but it did set our plans back and we didn't get as much accomplished as we hoped. After we closed and picked up the keys we started cleaning and painting Aislyn's room. It turned out so cute! I'll post picks soon, right now there's laundry waiting to be put away...

Moving in went smoothly, with the exception that no large furniture would fit up the staircase.... so they put it through the 2nd floor window. I pretended I didn't see that and was involved as little as possible... what if they dropped out new bedroom set?! ahh...

We've slowly settled in and gotten used to the routine. I started my summer college sessions and it stinks. It's four days a week and a ton of reading, plus the dance recital is coming up too so between that I'm staying super busy. But I did happen to paint a picnic table for Aislyn :)

The previous owners left it at the house, and it was in really good shape other than some weathering:
 I sanded it down and then primed it:
 Then painted it BRIGHT yellow!!

Aislyn loves it and keeps saying "Mommy paint my table yellow!" 
She's so cute sometimes.
I'm looking forward to seeing her play on and use this table a lot this summer.

Post soon!
Kaitlin


No comments:

Post a Comment