Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Getting Started

Hi everyone!
I'm completely new to this blogging thing, but I'm going to dedicate a small portion of my week to trying it out. I have a lot of ideas on some upcoming posts and I'm thrilled to share it with you. I started this blog to keep out-of-state family up to date on our hectic life, to share recipes and household tips, and to document my family's life and lifestyle. 

To give you some background information: My name is Kaitlin, I just turned 24 yesterday, and I have an amazing fiance Mike. Together we have a wonderful, smart, semi-short tempered two year old named Aislyn. Mike and I are currently looking for a home (and we think we found one!) to buy and hopefully we'll be all moved in and settled by September at the latest...hopefully. I'm currently attending college for Elementary Education and I teach Irish Step dance a couple of nights a week. Mike works at a big electric company and also goes to school at nights for his Electrical Engineering degree. 

I guess you could say I'm "earth friendly," for lack of a better term, although girls from the breastfeeding group I participate in call it "earthy crunchy." Haha. I just hate spending money on commercialized products (although I will splurge on quality food ingredients). I love the feeling of satisfaction you get from making a homemade batch of laundry soap, cleaning products, shampoo and conditioner, and of course, meals from scratch. I'll be blogging about all of these things and more in the upcoming weeks. I hope you join me on my blogging adventure! I'm excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment